Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Very FULL Week

Mark started three days of Radiation on Saturday. Gradually he got more and more tired, nauseous and worn out before being admitted to UWMC on Tuesday morning to start 2 LONG days of Chemo. Tuesday was long, Wednesday was longer. The Radiation + Chemo attacks all the cells in your body but the effects show up first and most severe in your entire digestive track. Starting with your mouth all the way to the end. It is tough stuff. Mark felt really sick, the worst yet. I think we have hit the bottom and there is nowhere to go but up. He has improved today.... lets pray his health and spirits continue to improve.

My heart has been full of sympathy and frustration. Sympathy for Mark as his body has been put though SO much. I can't image what it feels like - especially because he knows how long it is before he will feel normal again. Frustration because there is not a lot I can do but encourage him to power through. We need his body to be broken down. We need ALL the Leukemia cells to die, unfortunately the treatment damages so much more of him too. He is a tough guy - he'll make it though. I love him so much.

My heat has been full of sadness. Missing my boys so much. Wanting to be with them, helping them to deal with all this stress. Wanting the snuggles mommies need everyday.

My heart has been full of gratitude. For the nurses who take care of Mark. For the prayers of all of our friends and family. For those taking care of my babies at home. SO THANKFUL.

My heart has been full of awe. When I think of the gift our 44 year old donor from Great Brittan is giving, I am in awe. I am so very thankful for his generosity. He has been on my mind all week as I know his body is sore and aching (maybe even in pain) as he has been injected throughout these last 7 days with drugs to make is body produce extra stems cells for Mark. His week has been all re-arranged so that he can do each collection. He is willing to do all this to save Mark and he doesn't even know us. As tears run down my face while I type, I am thanking God for this man tonight. I don't think he realizes what he is really doing by donating - it is not just a donation for Mark - but for us all. Everyone reading this will be blessed by his gift. We will have Mark. The donation of his cells = Mark's health, Marks life. I will be forever grateful for his generosity. For his kindness. For his gift of life.

My heart is full of anticipation and praise. We expect the cells to arrive at UWMC for transplant around 9pm tomorrow evening. As best as I can estimate our donor will be giving his last batch of cells sometime around 3am our time (tonight) friday morning. Then the cells will fly to the US, making a couple stops before they reach Mark's room. If you think about it tonight before you go to sleep - pray for those cells. Pray that they are healthy, tough cells, that are ready to clean up Mark's entire blood system. Pray for their travel and THANK God for our donor. May he feel the Lords presence, peace and grace. Rejoice with me tonight that God has provided a way back to health for Mark through this man so far away. To God be the glory!

My heart is full of excitement. My parents and boys will join us from Spokane around dinner time tomorrow night. Can't wait to see them! We'll spend the weekend together and celebrate this milestone for daddy. I love my family!

May YOUR hearts be full of Joy tonight. Full of love from above. Full of gratitude for what the Lord has blessed you with. Rejoice - we serve an Awesome God!

No comments: